Monday, November 9, 2009

Birthday Surprise

Well let me start by saying that it is very hard to surprise me. I am one of those people that just kind of picks up on things if not outright knows them beforehand. So when Laura showed up on Saturday with all the makings for a special birthday dinner including live lobster to say I was shocked is putting it mildly!!! I think that was the best part. I had one of my favorite dinners made for me in my own kitchen by a great friend and my food loving daughter, she even had Raine make me a from scratch birthday card (the best kind). There was mashed potatoes, lobster, baby yellow carrots, and a chocolate birthday cake with rainbow colored candles to wish upon. I am officially thirty and loving it!!! Also a dinner like this in my cute little farmhouse on the ridge makes me feel very grownup!

No comments: