Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rainebow's Room Remodel

Awhile back I just happen to be sitting around on a rainy Sunday afternoon when inspiration struck me in the form of my daughters messy bedroom. She is on average, pretty good at upkeep, as long as things have a have a place to go and lately her room has seemed to be in shambles more often than not, which made me think that the layout just did not seem to be working for her (or me). She was due to be home the next day so I decided right then and there that I'd surprise her by rearranging and sprucing it up a bit.
She has a bright and bubbly personality and I am a true believer in your own space being a reflection of who you are.  With that goal in mind, into deep cleaning mode I went and an hour an a half later I was loving the results!  I moved furniture around to optimize her space making it as open as possible and reorganized all the drawers and shelving so all items just seemed to flow. 
Her bunny's cage was reposition and all it's accessories tidied neatly below. Even the kitten gave me the thumbs up on that one!
Raine is a lover of all animals both live and stuffed and her bed had started looking like a cramped zoo leaving very little room to fit the one who should be sleeping in it, so I sorted out her favorites and made the top shelf of her bookcase a new home for the rest. 
Linens were washed and her pretty bed made up all inviting, dolly was treated to the same, and flowers and butterflies were put up to bring life to the dull beige walls.  When finished all I could think was that this is definitely a Rainebow Room!!! 

Update:  Upon seeing it the next day Raine gave me a huge hug and said so seriously, "Thank you mom.  It's beautiful!"  Love that kid!!

No comments: