Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Lavish Lunchbox

As we draw closer to the first day of school this year and I once again find myself pouring through websites and cookbooks for inspiration, I am inspired to do a little showcase of my own creations in this department. I used to be quite diligent about keeping track of all Raine's lavish lunchboxes, but in recent years have gotten too busy to bother to take any pictures before shipping them off in her backpack.   I will admit that last year we fell into to the all too familiar rut of lunchbox repeats, a sort of groundhogs day nightmare of the same ingredients and display day after day turning into week after week.  This year my friends will be different!  I hereby declare that from this day forth I shall aspire to be creative in my lunchbox creations, vibrant in my viable vegetable options, festive with fresh fruit, extravagant with edible artistry, and warrior like in my quest to keep things not only appealing to the young palate, but healthy and fun for even the finickiest of eaters!  I have decided to document this and bring you all along for the ride with a weekly "What's for Lunch" Wednesday post starting in September.  I hope to that all you moms out their will chime in from time to time on what you do in your families to keep things funky and fresh!  So without further ado here are some of my masterpieces of the past...
 
Please note that we have gotten a lot healthier since then so you will see a lot more whole grains and fresh ingredients and lot less of the packaged and processed.
(You've got to love the Snowman Salad)
(The Candy Cane Pasta rocked her world)

No comments: