Friday, October 12, 2012

From the Kitchen...


The grand opening of Trader Joes in our area was this past week(much longer now since I failed to publish this ;) and as a foodie I found myself inexplicitly drawn there within days of its' doors opening for business.  I have been wating years for one to open around here!  The customer service was supperb as to be expected and the selection as varried as I remember.  I found myself picking up a few delicasies and oldtime favorites but what really took my breath away was the unbelievable beautiful blueberries they had on hand!  The cost 6.99 for quarts and were some of the biggest blueberries that I have ever seen.  I only regret that I didn't buy out the lot to freeze for later!  I do so hope that they get these in often. After staring at them for a few days and arguing with myself on the best way to use them, I decided that half would be for fresh consumption and the other for some decident baked good that I'd come up with to honor them.  Above are the homemade tini lemon blueberry pie tartlets with a sweetened cream cheese topping.  They came out really good and absolutely paid homage to those gorgeous berries...

No comments: