Friday, August 29, 2008

Up A Tree

I'm feeling a little like climbing up a tree and not coming down today. My morning was started by dreaming about Tim chasing me around and old place in Tacoma trying his hardest to touch me with his finger that incidentally contains some type of wretched cold virus and because I knew this I was running like hell and winning until a rogue moose came out of a house across the street and butted me so hard I woke up. Now at this point you'd think this was the bad part, but it wasn't. I rolled over to look at the clock that read 6:34 (and though it is 15 minutes fast I am supposed to leave for work at 6:00!!!!) and my heart stopped. I was supposed to be to work early today, and Joel is supposed to sit in the front at 6:30 sharp. Doug is going to kill me and I hate confrontation!!! So I freaked and leaped out of the bed like some kind of overweight ninja in a nightie (I got some serious air I tell ya). I flew into the bathroom, skidded on the rug and almost took myself out on the sink, brushed my teeth and happened to glimpse in the mirror. And what did I see, you ask...A ghost-white Don King with a crazed look in her eyes looking back at me. I had gone to bed last night after I showered with wet hair (Oh the horror) and did not have time to repeat the process (sh%t). I ran back into my room throwing on unmentionables, my shirt (which I didn't bother to button), and realized I didn't see my pants!! I ran downstairs, took a quick survey of the room and didn't see them (sh*t). I ran back upstairs yelling at the top of my lungs, "Where's my pants, where's my pants, WHERE'S MY PANTS!!!!" Now at this point I started to wonder what it is that I am trying to accomplish here? Did I think that gremlin that most obviously stole them would come out head lowered in shame and give them back with a heartfelt apology. I think not. I stopped at the top of the stairs took a deep breath and thought, "Did I look in the closet?" (Son of a Witch!!) Pants in place I slipped on my shoes (sockless) (I didn't realize this little fact until after I got to work) and headed at top speed for the car. Now picture this I am running down my sidewalk unbuttoned shirt flying behind me, purple bra ablazing (sorry gentlemen) when I realize I left the cats out and didn't lock the door. I turn around to glance at the house (still running) and what do I see? A sky that is dusty pink and a brilliantly vivid double rainbow framing the top and my last thought as I get into the car to break speed records is that I just ran away from one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen and I could not even stop to take a picture! The moral of this story is I am almost positive that this rushing breakneck pace of life that I am living is no longer where I want to be. I want to be able to enjoy the wonders of this world and to raise my babies to do the same. It is time to reevaluate my direction and begin the process of slowing things down again and securing for myself and child a way to live this way for good...

No comments: