Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bitesize Pumpkin Pies

Today Raine is having a Thanksgiving Day Celebration at school and I wanted to make something extra special to go along with the theme. Since one of her favorite things is pumpkin pie I decided to make mini pumpkin pies for her class . I made a traditional pumpkin pie filling and then rolled out pastry dough and used a biscuit cutter to form rounds that fit into a 24 count mini cupcake pan. Crimping the edges I filled each one up with my pumpkin mix. After that it was into the oven at 450 for 15 min and then down to 350 until a knife inserted into the middle came out clean. I packed them all up in festive Tupperware, through in a can of whipped cream and sent them off with her on the bus. I hope everyone likes them, but either way she was thrilled....

No comments: