Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What's For Lunch Wednesday: Week 2

This week started out on a bright spot but by Monday afternoon had taken a turn for the worse.  I got the call from the school a little after noon that Raine was in the nurses office feeling terrible.  I left work shortly there after to go pick her up and she was still running a temperature this morning. I think she is starting get a little better and should be able to go back to school by tomorrow.  Poor thing!  Talk about getting the short end of the stick on that one, she only got to attend 4th grade two days this year before she got benched on the account of "flu-like" symptoms! 
I pack all her breakfasts and lunches for thew week, dad's days included and even though she won't be going in today I wanted to make sure that when I dropped her off at grandmas for the rest of the week she had some mama made goodness to get her through.  I decided to whip up a batch of my vitamin C strong chicken and vegetable soup for the next few days and loaded her to go bag up with fruit, yogurt, and some granola.  Hopefully with a little more rest and these healthy goodies she'll be up and running in no time.  Here is a snapshot of her lunch today sans lunchbox. I repeated the soup for the rest of the week and varied the fresh fruits.

No comments: