Thursday, October 20, 2011

What's for Lunch Wednesday: Week 6

Fancy Fondue
One thing I love about my kid is that she is a veggie enthusiast!  Now that is not to say that she will eat them all but as long as you fancy them up a bit she is always willing to give it a shot on good faith;)
This week at the market I came away with some amazingly colorful vegetables and all I could think about this week was for a way to display them in all their glory!  I came up with a rainbow like arrangement and a fondue that would really show them off.  They all got a light stream and set aside for later consumption.  The fondue was made up of half n half, apple cider, and three types of cheese-pepper jack, mozzarella, and a slice of american.  It came out great and was kept warm all in her thermos all day. 
Fruit salad as desert and she was good to go.  This one was a big hit and "so fun", even though it freaked out a few of the more picky kids at her lunch table.  I will definatly be doing a different rendition of this one in the future.

No comments: