Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What's for Lunch Wednesdays: Week 9 - Thanksgiving Edition Belated

Today we went turkey with a twist!  To get into the spirit I wanted to send Raine in with a lunch that gave a nod to the famous meal that what was going to hit tables across america the very next day. 
The main course is a sweet and savory turkey burger stuffed with onion, apple, heart of celery, and some simple spices.  I made the mix up the night before so all the ingrediants could really "get to know" each other.  After a quick bake in the oven the morning of, I put this masterpeice of goodness on a whole grain sandwich thin, romaine lettuce, and topped it with a quickly whipped up cranberry mayonaise.  I am going to pause here in remembrance for a second.  I also packed myself this very lunch and well it definitely derserves a minute of worship....Ok, now on to the sides!  A fast garlicky tomato and corn salad and two mini lemon apple blueberry pie bites make it perfection and barely took a second to put together.  Finish it with a hot cup of marmallowy cocoa and she was in heaven.  Her mama definitely made this a day to stand out.

No comments: