Thursday, December 29, 2011

From the Kitchen~

(Homemade gifts for a few that have done so much for me this year)
Also just a little frugal tip on Christmas gift baskets:  A few years ago I got fed up with both the cost and wastefulness of bottom of the basket filler.  You know the kind, the shredded bits of paper/raffia that comes in a myriad of colors and costs about five dollars at a craft store per tiny bag.  Well, I still wanted my baskets to look beautiful, but I didn't want to spend 5 dollars per basket on something that gets thrown out and adds nothing to the overall gift.  Solution you ask?  Christmas tree!  Yep, that's right!  Just snip a few pretty sprigs from the overgrown bottom of your Christmas tree and lay them in your basket!  It creates a wonderfully fragrant and festive look, costs you nothing and you can;t get more biodegradable than that!  I promise the lucky recipients will be charmed and you couldn't ask for a more frugal and stylish way to make them your own.
(My famous Orange Cranberry Walnut Cake)
(Raine's Teacher Gift)
(From the Chickens)
(Goodies to Go)

No comments: