Thursday, March 1, 2012

Wisdom, Walks & Waterfalls

A few months back we had a very special visitor show up for my birthday!  He flew in from Washington to spend the week with Raine and I and spoiled us rotten while he was here.  We had great week that was blessedly laid back and relaxed, and just what the doctored had ordered.
One of the things that we tried to do daily was to get out and walk.  To set aside moments to simply be together and immerse ourselves in mother natures loveliness.
The place that we chose to visit most often was Christman Sanctuary.  Raine and I had discovered it this past summer and have been going ever since.  It is a beautiful place not 15 minutes from were we live and so unexpected in it's hidden and quiet presence, that when you come upon the first set of falls it literally takes your breath away every time.
We knew that dad would feel the same way about it that we do and were very closed mouthed in not telling him what to expect when we took him to s it the first time. 
Both Raine and my dad are very nature and animal oriented and have a great bond between them.  In person it is fun to watch them interact but I was so very pleased to see it reflect in some of the pictures I took of them together.
They both take joy in so many of the same things and spoke on a level that needed no words.  It was so wonderful to watch the flow of energy between them.
I think that this may have been my favorite part, that quite understanding between them that has nothing to do with generational gap and seems to span beyond earthly wisdom.
It is a gift in life to have these great connections with those that you love and I can see that this one will last as I am sure it has before, throughout many lifetimes... 

No comments: