Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fond Mememories...

One of my favorite memories from childhood is of Joyce General Store located in Joyce Washington about a mile or two away from salt creek state park where we used to camp every summer. My brother and I and any friends that we brought along would get to go there at the beginning of our trip and fill up a little paper baggie of penny candy for 1 dollar (that's 100 pieces of candy) to snack on over the course of our vacation. This was a big thing and we looked forward to the sour patch kids and swedish fish every year. I will never forget it and was hoping to make it a memory for Raine as well but alas times are a changing and they no longer have penny candy anymore. Oh well we will have to make new memories and just cherish those of the past...A Replica of the store made from candy that resides on site greeted us this time when we visited and I found it to be fitting all considered...

No comments: