Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Among the Trees

My weekend did not turn out to be what I had hoped as I had great intentions toward 3 days filled with accomplishments and new creative endeavors. Instead by Sunday I had a cold, a bored child and only one room finished. I was grumpy, she was restless and the house was starting to feel a bit claustrophobic so we decided to give in and get out. We ended up taking the ridge trail by the house and clocking the mileage as this was one of the things I had on my to do list. We put on our hiking boots, backpacks, and handkerchiefs and were off. It took us all of five minutes before the stress and heaviness of the day fell away. There is just something about being in nature that just sets everything back to right. Your mind stills, your soul settles and you remember how to breathe...

I very much miss the ocean and mountains of my past but I am so enjoying the beauty of my present. Raine is a child full of love and light and I love to just watch her grow. She understands her surroundings with a clarity that defies her age and when I see her among the trees I see why it is that I believe we are of the earth. She becomes a part of it immersing herself within the landscape so completely that it is hard to tell that she has ever been anywhere else. I love that she enjoys it as much as I do and am thankful to have been her choice for a mother. My words can only give you an idea of what I mean so I included a few glimpses of our escape...enjoy
























No comments: