Monday, July 14, 2008

Job Hunting

So for those of you who know me know that I am a bit of a workaholic and though I only work a 50 - 60 hour week on average I used to work a lot more. As of late I have been thinking about picking up a part time job on the days that I don't have Raine and last week I finally decided that it is a good idea. I put in applications at Target and Price Chopper (Grocery Chain) for evenings and weekends and am still waiting to hear back. I haven't applied for any jobs in quite a few years as I been with my current company going on 7 years and was surprised at the process. It seems that in most places paper applications have been eliminated and you apply online or at a kiosk at the front of the store. They ask you the standard set of questions about employment history and background but they also ask anywhere from 50 - 100 odd ball questions. I guess this is a quick way to filter and weed through applicants but they sure did have some funny ones. I 'm hoping for an interview this week...Wish me luck!!

No comments: