Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Summer Evenings










In the garden our corn and tomatoes are coming up nicely. We are going to transplant the pumpkins, squash, watermelons, broccoli, and lettuce this weekend.The herb garden is also taking off like mad, though there is some kind of bug eating my basil. It was so lovely out last night that we made a simple dinner that could be picked at while we played. It was great and I didn't even have to dirty a pot. Any of you washingtonians feel like showing up for dinner and a tour, we're eagerly awaiting...

2 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

Hi there, is that zuchinni that you are grilling? Do you put anything on it for grilling? I think that is a good way of using up those zuchinni's that I am growing.

Great blog.

Gill from Canada

Melanie said...

Hi Gill,

It is summer squash but zucchini works just as well and I usually put a little olive oil or Italian dressing on it with cracked pepper and sea salt.

Melanie~